I so enjoy visiting his most excellent "Rotisserie Inn"
after rehearsals, and before my gigs, at Blue Flame!
Always a good vibe there; good music playing, and of course, winner, winner, chicken dinners!
I met a new fan, also;
Hori-san, who also purchased a CD...
It was a cool, breezy, end of September night;
and the feeling of it put me in mind of one of my very first gigs,
with "The Watkins Family", upstate NY,
so many moons ago...
Yesterday, I had a reunion with something I never thought I'd ever see again.
My "Exotic India" Rainbow Moonstone Bracelet
( Lost 8-21-2014 )
By some strange coincidence
I was looking in a neighborhood second-hand shop as I do sometimes;
and I had to do a double take,
as I saw something all-too-familiar, lovely blue-sparking rainbow moonstones...
My heart jumped!
There was my bracelet!
I had lost it en route to a doctor appt.,
very early, one August morning;
on one of the hottest days of this past Summer...
I searched various lost and founds, called taxi companies, anywhere I could think of,
with no trace...
I was heartbroken to lose it.
I had "personalized" it, by adding a large circle and toggle closure,
as the original lobster-claw clasp was too small
to open and close, by myself...
This is what made it undeniably my bracelet-
I customized it to fit me.
The shop returned it to me, for a very small "finders fee",
which I agreed to.
Today was my first Ikebana session,
for quite some time...
It was very fine to reconnect once again, with this larger group,
with Yoshimura-sensei as our leader,
after an extended break...
One week from today,
September 26th, Friday
I will appear at my CD Sale/ Opening Party Performance,
at BLUE FLAME...
9 -2014 iPod update:
Sleepwalk - The Shadows
Someone To Light Up My Life - Frank Sinatra/ Antonio Carlos Jobim
Gone To Fortingall - Jerry Douglas
Windmills of Your Mind - Abbey Lincoln
Going Mobile - The Who
American Tune/Spain - Jerry Douglas
Frozen Fields feat. Alison Krauss & Union Station - Jerry Douglas
Sur le fil - Yann Tiersen
Caravan - Rachel Portman
Right On Time Feat. Marc Cohn - Jerry Douglas
King Silkie - Jerry Douglas
Question - The Moody Blues
1 Thing - Amerie
Blue Nocturne - Cornell Dupree
Listen To Monk - Carmen McRae
1. Flower ( "Momoiro Toiki" Sato, Takashi ) (4:35)
2. Vincent ( Don McLean ) (5:11)
3. Show Me ( Frederic Loewe-M / Alan Jay Lerner-L ) (2:14)
4. I Remember ( Stephen Sondheim ) (4:49)
5. Once Upon A Summertime ( Michel Legrand, Johnny Mercer,
Eddie Barclay, Eddy Marnay ) (3:54)
6. Les Feuilles Mortes ( Joseph Kosma-M/ Jacques Prévert -L ) (1:56)
7. Café des Pres ( Hara,Tomoya-M / Pamela MacCarthy-L ) (4:21)
8. These Boots Are Made for Walkin' ( Lee Hazelwood ) (4:17)
9. Both Sides Now ( Joni Mitchell ) (6:10)
10. Detour Ahead ( Johnny Frigo, Herb Ellis ) (4:58)
11. Haru Yo Koi ( Matsutoya, Yumi ) (4:53)
12. Moon River ( Henry Mancini-M / Johnny Mercer-L ) (3:23)
13. I'm Gonna Laugh You Right Out Of My Life ( Cy Coleman-M / J.A. McCarthy-L ) (5:36)
14. Route 66 ( Bobby Troupe ) (3:43)
15. Wayfaring Stranger ( American Folk Song ) (2:45)
Thanks to manager Ishii-san, Kawasaki-san for his video-work,
my dear Kenji Tsuboi, who was so happy to receive his CD's, at last!
Thanks to photographer Arai-san,
also in the audience, whose photos adorn the center of my CD...
Onodera-san, from Cafe Miwa,
came out to show support...
And to all new audience members, who turned out, to support us,